Monday, April 24, 2006

Procrastination Slays Me; You Redeem Me

o time, you waste away
deadlines creep up
late nights and tired eyes
deadening of night consumes
the hours pass, tick-tock
papers, words, projects, empty thoughts
motivation, zilch
wishing my time were spent elsewhere
correct my thoughts
correct my actions
self-discipline, self-control
may the Spirit lead me
may the Spirit control me
excuese flee
laziness flee
temptation to procrastinate--resist!
redeem my time
by Your strength
by Your grace
by Your mercy
by Your power
all for You, all for You

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

COOL! I love your poems! Oh, yes, procrastination often plagues me as well. But I don't have all these silly papers, projects, and reading assignments...just other things of life..cleaning, organizing, reading nourishing books that I know would be good for me, but my slow-as-molasses reading style discourages me at times. Also putting off doing things for others that I think of...just as much a crime...well, take luck in that whole not procrastinating bit. The Lord will help usDO what we know we need and want to DO. Love ya! Brown