Monday, May 01, 2006

Star Filled Sky


Laying under those sparkling diamonds, it seemed as though I could have reached out for them; the vastness, the veil of darkness with piercings of light shining through. Chatter and singing in the backgroud, I lay there in silence, looking up to You and Your beauty. A shooting star gliding across the sky--almost spiritual. I realized how much I really do love silence. I longed for it in those moments. I loved hearing the buzzing of friends and even music, but my soul longed for the silence--save the sound of nature and Your voice. Remembering these very moments in Montana: You and Your mountains and the clearest sky I've ever seen, the stars shone brighter than I've ever witnessed. Laying there under those imprints of light, I knew You were with me.

The same sky I looked to that night, those children look to as well. Those same stars that speak truth to my heart, speak to those children. O Lord, may they know You by your creation.

Psalm 147:3-5

3 He heals the brokenhearted
and binds up their wounds.

4 He determines the number of the stars
and calls them each by name.

5 Great is our Lord and mighty in power;
his understanding has no limit.

No comments: