Thursday, November 10, 2011

Closing the Back Door

My dreams,
My passions,
Me.
My hopes,
My fears,
My way out.
OUT.
My freedom,
My rebellion,
My uncertainty.
My loneliness.
My backdoor; my escape,
My escape.
My journey,
My vision,
My way.
My lust.
My self-preservation,
My autonomy,
My future.

A battle rages within me.
Burning inside me, a call so strong.

To commit fully, wholly unto HIM.

A part of me must die. Be buried.
Make room for more of HIM; for HIS ways.

Commitment.

Vulnerability to lay it all down. For HIM.

Hesitation.

Called to be a forerunner.
To be set apart.
To be a part of something bigger than me.

The Call presses in deeper, stronger.

"Do not leave prematurely. Even a butterfly has to work his way out of the chrysalis to strengthen his wings so he can fly one day."

"Do not paddle your way out without the winds to carry you."

"Hold on and flourish."

"You're on the 'Freedom Train'."

"He is your compass; keep looking to HIM."

Laying down. Dying,
Only to be brought to a fuller life.
One of glory,
One of greater victory.
Greater hopes,
Greater dreams.

I closed the back door.

Put a ring on it.

Died to myself.

Laid it all down for YOU.

Commitment brings peace.
Freedom,
Joy,
Opportunity.
Order,
Certainty amidst the unknown.
And, more of HIM.

------------------------------------------

I'm sure there will be A LOT more dying to myself... sloughing off the flesh and growing in Christ my entire life...

-------------------------------------------

What has the Lord been asking you to commit to?
Maybe it's time to close the back door and put a ring on it.

No comments: