Monday, June 20, 2011

Conversations in K4

Here are some cute comments from my students...I think I'll add to this now and then..

=============================

"Miss Wheat, I don't like Balentine's Day."

Really, why not?

"Because I don't like ballet." [note: one of my students was wearing a pink tutu that day]

=============================

"Miss Wheat I want to marry Mrs. Yu."[he mentioned this several times]

[later that day] You know that Mrs. Yu is married, right? So I'm sad to tell you that you cannot marry her.

[a few hours later] "Miss Wheat, did you know that Mrs. Yu is married?"

Yes...

"Oh. Well, I was going to marry her because I didn't know she was already married." [looking down at the ground with big sad eyes]

=============================

"Miss Wheat, she hit me!"

"I'm not a she! I'm he."

=============================

"Miss Wheat, he won't play with me anymore."

Well, did you hit him?

"Yes."

....well....

=============================

The first time that I set up a handwriting center at center time:

I made sure to state, "No drawing pictures at the handwriting center..."

Minutes later I saw that some kids were drawing on the whiteboards and papers..."I said no drawing at the handwriting center..."

My kids gave me with a puzzled look...

I walked over to the center and they were tracing their hands..."but you said handwriting..."

I didn't realize I had never used that term before~

=)

==============================

not in class-- but one of my students:

retold by melody: One of my co-workers shared a most delightful story. His son had taken his shoes off in the car during a recent trip to the grocery store. “You have to put your shoes back on! You can’t go in the store with bare feet.” His mom told him. “But mom! I have kid-feet!” The boy replied.

================================

...more to come...

if only I could remember all their funny comments from the whole year...

No comments: