Thursday, May 01, 2008

New Soul

Sittin' in Sweet Eugene's today I heard this song and Michelle so kindly told me the name of it, seein' as how I don't keep up with what's new on the radio.

anyhow, I watched the music video and I can't even explain how much it spoke to me...I feel like I could be singing that song on many levels...maybe going to south korea is soul searching? continuing to walk out my identity in Christ. chasing a dream? maybe it's just something i need to do. transitioning to being an adult? and if i end up not getting to go, well the process alone has been teaching me so much about life, about myself, and about God.

don't put me in a box... i love how she knocks over the walls and sees a whole new world out there...

even the part about feeling joy and fear....trying to learn to give and take...discerning truth and what's fake... I'm so thankful for what God has done in my life thus far...otherwise I'd be totally lost. He has been faithful to provide truth, love and trust...

one day i will let others take my hand as i will have already been there and will have wisdom to offer. by God's grace, i can even to that now to some degree...

i'm not really sure. but, i feel a lot like the girl in the video...only, add God in the mix. At least He'll clean up any mistakes that i make. because I am making mistakes along the way! And, He is a good Shepherd and will lead me.

i really can't accurately articulate this season of my life. i don't think i really understand all that God is doing. so there. listen to the song and maybe you'll like it. maybe you won't. i like it. and i'm thankful that God uses so many different means to communicate to me, otherwise, i might not ever know what's going on in my life! sheesh... He is a good Father...

Psalm 16 has been my life line....and Hebrews 11:8 as well.

--------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

"New Soul" by: Yail Naim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYBLjEaDFDE

Here are the lyrics:

I'm a new soul
I came to this strange world
Hoping I could learn a bit bout how to give and take
But since I came here, felt the joy and the fear
Finding myself making every possible mistake

La, la, la, la (21x)
La, la, la, la (21x)

See I'm a young soul in this very strange world
Hoping I could learn a bit bout what is true and fake
But why all this hate? try to communicate
Finding trust and love is not always easy to make

La, la, la, la (21x)
La, la, la, la (21x)

This is a happy end
Cause you don't understand
Everything you have done
Why's everything so wrong

This is a happy end
Come and give me your hand
I'll take you far away

I'm a new soul
I came to this strange world
Hoping I could learn a bit bout how to give and take
But since I came here, felt the joy and the fear
Finding myself making every possible mistake

New soul... (la, la, la, la,...)
In this very strange world...
Every possible mistake
Possible mistake
Every possible mistake
Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes..

No comments: