Monday, July 09, 2007

Skylines


Driving down the winding roads among the mountains into a landscape much simpler made of wide open spaces and perfect skylines, I realized my utter contentment with the moment--wherever I am, there I am. Here I am. Embracing the season and surroundings, yet not settling. Going deeper while remaining absolutely content with the cup being poured for me. No need for extra sugar and cream to be satisfied. The Lord knows my depth, He knows my lot.

We may spend a lifetime discovering the secrets of contentment, but the truth lies in the very moment. A thankful heart, always. A balance of living surely in the now and yet longing for more depth and intimacy--remaining hungry.

So once again a paradox remains: be completely satisfied and yet continue to hunger for more.

No comments: